Monday, June 15, 2009

Rosary Rap is Spreading!


So Check this! 

I flew into San Antonio on Saturday to teach these amazing ACTS retreatants to pray/rap the Rosary.  It was sweet!! I think they liked it. However, tonight MONDAY JUNE 15 was the night of the UPPER ROOM ROSARY RAP CONCERT! (get it like the disciples in the Upper Room!) Okay, so I was praying it would go well and it went wayyyyy better!!

It all started about 40 mins before the show when this little girl Naomi and her bro Brian came in. They were siting in the front row. So I started talkin with them. Naomi said, "you're CD is in DVD # 4 in Our Car.. and I always tell my mom put on DVD #4." Then she starts bustin out "Hail Mary full of grace...!" I was like dang she's good!! She then says, "Yeah I can do it real fast!" I was amazed. Then I proceed to ask what music she likes... Hannah Montana? Jonas Brothers? She says, "You're better than them!" I start laughing... because the Jonas Brothers are good. Well, I told her I'd bring her up during the concert.... and I did!

So the show begins and we covered 3 main topics.
1) Going Further: not getting comfortable in your faith but going further. Pushing yourself to own your faith. Constantly grow and go further.
2) Lock IN on God: the become focused on God and Lock into your hearts desires. Let faith take you and work to dedicate your energy to one thing at a time. For example I'm going to Lock IN to service work. So I work tirelessly to serve in every way I know not slacking off but using all my resources to make it happen! 
3) Divine Connections: Knowing that God goes before you and makes crooked places straight and rough edges smooth. God will provide you with divine connections if you believe. I told my American Idol (full story found in blog "Idolize") story and how God continues to provide divine connections. 

Not to mention we rapped the Rosary. I debuted a new song "WOMAN LIKE YOU"... I had about 5 back up dancers doing a little 2 step during the song. It made the song really cool. I also played couple remixes too! I think they were vibe-N.  However, I still hadn't fully used my secret weapon "Naomi"!! So I said, "I need two volunteers to close the show... Naomi (age 6) of course jumped up and so did my good friend Michelle Dieasi (age 25). The first question I ask Naomi is "What is your favorite track on the CD?" She responds with the incredible phrase, "All of them!" LOL (what a perfect answer).  So she rapped the Ascension rap with Michelle.... she actually out Rapped Michelle to a degree (michelle- I think you are still very talented) ... everyone was in such awe of her ability to rap every lyric perfectly!!! I was so thankful and jammin and laughin! Soo... I came to the conclusion that Rosary Rap is spreading! By the way guess what Naomi's last name was... ROSARIO (Spanish for Rosary) Coincidence? 

Stay blessed! 

Here's a Pic of Naomi and I! (I'm diggin the Hello Kitty Shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment