Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chosen


John 15: 16 "You have not chosen me, I chose you."

Last night I wrote and recorded this week's G.O.D. Friday track "Put It On Me". It was another long night of creating, but a fruitful one. In the process of writing I looked up many different scriptures that might relate to Christ putting on our sin. In the course of writing I came a across the scripture verse from John above. God isn't begging us to choose Him because He already chose us! How powerful is this concept and well stated by Christ. For this reason, I decided to put this verse in the song.

Well, I had more confirmation that God is present in my writing and recording process... Today I embarked on a Journey to San Lorenzo Franciscan Seminary in Santa Ynez California for a Chaminade High School Retreat. Once we arrived to the very scenic and secluded retreat center it was time to eat! While eating I looked up and saw a large piece of art hanging on the wall which read "You have not chosen me, I chose you". I was in awe and thought immediately back to that lyric used in my song merely hours before I arrived at the center. To me this is no coincidence and I've very aware God's hand in the creation of G.O.D. Music. I'm also aware that He chose me and I must respond accordingly.

In faith,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Joe! What a beautiful way for God to tell that you're on the right track. Never give up!

    Love you Joe!

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete