Monday, May 11, 2009

Overcome the Silence

"Shhh... be quiet
Don't move me I'm silent
I will praise you lord
but not if it requires 
me to sing out
Sing loud
Ahhhhh I'm get uncomfortable
Anyway God loves me now
I came to listen and receive
But am I a vessel of his peace?
I only shake hand when we give the sign of peace 
I have a fake smile 
I judge people quietly 
When the priest speaks... it's just so tiring
I want to believe 
I think I do.. What's my favorite scripture... 
I'm really not sure 
I like this
one hr a week and I'm a disciple 
yes... I know what I might do
nothing.. unless I have to 
oh it's time to eat I really am hungry... "

No longer can I stand it
Vocally we are weak
We don't speak
How do we contribute to a world in need?
Financially... Okay
But where's the community?
Where's the excitement
Right now I see a frightening future
If the end us coming
Would Jesus want to celebrate in a home that lacks so much life?
Would he appreciate our refrain?

Don't know but I have a recommendation
Step outside your box
Praise to unlock
Who you are
Who you were made to be
Now do you want to be silent I'd sing?

This blog was written as I sat in Mass this morning... It was Mother's Day and the entire congregation seemed lifeless. No one sang, it was boring, and somewhat dull. Church isn't supposed to be entertaining, but it helps when you try to make it an enjoyable experience. I was thinking "Would God even want to go to church here?" Honestly, If we are trying to build His kingdom everyday show some enthusiasm.  We need to bring energy to the Lord and inspire his people. Today, the pastor at the Hip Hop Service, I went to (post mass) spoke on "Where are all the Christians?". Church isn't packed, some people aren't dedicated, they fall away, and it's because they can't say, "Yes" and be all in! It's not follow me sometimes.. it's all the time.  I want so badly for people who have never experienced God to get connected and follow through as a disciple. That's what's on my heart right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment