Thursday, April 16, 2009

Invested

Sometimes I give to much

It’s a outward focus of love

The potential is great & magnificent

It can change lives

Grow in new eyes

It’s a perspective, more than a gift

It’s a lifestyle I try to live

But the after effects aren’t what is

Or should be but leave me wanting more

I say “what if?” and wish…

 

It could always be better

I’ve learned to accept imperfection

In fact my worries are flawed

With my concern to be perfect

Everything I do can’t and won’t be

But I need to do good and cherish what’s growing

Slowly… I improve

But success depends on fixing failures

 

My ailings aren’t severe

I don’t remain in pain

I have lost no one

I stay healthy with the breath of God inside of me

I be on fire some days

Nothing can stop that blaze

I laugh at myself because I know why the flame came

And I’m lucky to be saved

Realize it in fact when so many refrain

 

See my time is invested in many things

People who I care about especially

So when I leave them I feel a bit empty

Or there’s a longing that settles

It’s not attachment but a letting go of passion

A piece of me stays with them

And I continue… I press on

Aware of my willingness to provide is not gone

 

I’ve realized I thrive when I’m connected

But I need time to be alone in reflection

That way I may refuel

Nourish my body with a sense of renewal  

So I may continue to remain invested

Which sparks my hearts contentment

And I may continue to preach the message

Lesson learned…. Blessed 

No comments:

Post a Comment