Wednesday, March 11, 2009

THE CURE

Let it fly 
just fight 
always realize 
that the cure's inside
the medicine to heal 
has been revealed 
through your faith 
ask and believe 
pray and receive 
if they don't understand
then dust off your feet
move on to complete
your mission and task as a christian 
is to go further 
change stations daily 
to be condemned 
even on a cross sometimes hanging 
however I'd prefer to carry 
but not to burry the burden 
but be strong not so weary
Instead I wear it 
the breastplate of righteousness 
helmet of salvation 
the sword of the spirit 
no road blocks or limitations 
but wait I still struggle and try to have patience 
here's my statement
at times I'm torn 
about how to connect the youth to the Lord
so I reflect, pray really hard for inspiration
because sometimes prayer is our only medication, 
our only vacation from a plagued society 
with no inhalation of the spirit 
instead their vacant, but God can save it
As for me, I built my house on very firm pavement. 
Make it...
Go get it if you want it
You're destined to keep runnin
Race for the Cure 
I have faith you'll find somethin!
-amen


Today, at Chaminade Middle school we had our very first "Justice Fair". Students made baked goods, jewelry, art's and crafts, and much more to sell and fundraise for a charity of their choice. I was very impressed with the giving hearts and minds of the students.  However, a couple students decided to make a 5 track Rap Cd.  It was titled "THE CURE" it has many tones of resolution for curing cancer. These middle schoolers pulled it together and made a hot little demo. I was bumping it in my car as I drove off campus and was listening to the lyrics. Everything said was sincere, real, and somewhat funny at times. One of my favorite lyrics is from the LET THE EAGLE FLY track #5

Yo here's a little rappin
I'm gonna make it quick like a cheetah
and do to all your hard work 
those other schools are like salsa
we're like the bean and cheese burrit-a

I have mad respect for incorporating food into raps! I believe their small creation has potential to raise some good money for the American Cancer Society. Day one they sold 17CDS!! The great part is it was a productive creation using a style which they and many other students relate to. I can dig that for sure. So my reflection today is entitled THE CURE in honor of Cameron, Ollie, Cody, and Vinny. 

p.s. shout out to Jaimie Guerra... a long lost friend... now flight attendant and future actress. Her genuine conversation made my night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment