Sunday, March 8, 2009

Keep Stopping By


Continue 
to smile like a child 
In all that you do 
let it be through 
the youth in you
this never goes away 
it shouldn't because
God will always be 
our Father above 
He repeats the sunsets, 
and the sunrise 
it's beautiful....
he delights in our surprise
but when do we go back
to give him a hug 
say hello, not be grown up 
but love-a-ble
I never want to lose  Joe and Madison @ Apple Store
this excitement 
but always have 
and child like mindset

Recently, I've been reflecting on a child's relationship with their parent. I see kids nearly every day and how they interact and what they think is usually quite "real". It's before they have the ability to be changed by the culture of our world. They are natural in their responses and genuine in actions. When they like something they want to keep doing it. I remember my brother used to have me bounce him on our gigantic trampoline as a kid. It's fun for him because he would fly in the air... it was fun for me to see him happy... until my legs started cramping! =) Kids just want to laugh, feel loved, and be themselves. A small run or race for them can be so exciting! I had heard one analogy that God continues to provide amazing sunrise as a way of saying to his children, welcome to a new day. And we say, "again! again!" So he repeats this phenomenon. No matter how much we grow up I don't think God want's to lose this Father to Child relationship. I am 23 years old but small things throughout the day continue to excite me. Just like a kid, I get excited before I'm about to eat a good meal. Many times I feel God uses me because I have a childlike faith. I am always in awe of what He does. As we grow we must constantly keep coming back to God. Revisit him and not be afraid to be vulnerable and extremely lovable. Today, while working at Apple, a mom came in with her daughter who I had helped in the past. The 6 year old daughter, Madison (pictured above), wanted to stop by to say, "Hello". That mean to so much. A small "hello" to me said, "Even though I haven't seen you in a while, I value you you. I remember who you are".  God too want's us to remember who He is, stop by and say "Hello" as often as we can. He's always there... waiting to welcome you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment