Thursday, March 19, 2009

Delivered

Deliver me 
from what isn't me 
what I can believe 
is not giving me 
anything... 

So I experience your presence 
by your good fruit of blessing 
the clouded doubt has phased out

Your glory burned the haze 
now my heart is amazed 
have mercy on me 
as I am a witness to your grace 

You built a tree 
You created me 
Your spirit flies high 
surrounding everything 

So before I go to sleep
let me rise in confidence 
trust in your honestness 
knowing you are the giver
you are the one true God 
and you will Deliver
-amen


A lot occurred today. 

Early this morning I arrived on Chaminade's High School campus to assist some really talented students with their dramatic but powerful "Everything" Skit. This was based off of a Christian skit done a couple years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA . My friend Rush Hannigan actually introduced me to the video. It's very touching/moving/sad/joyful... it's everything! Well, when I like to do skits I prefer them to be perfect... or as good as possible. The students who came to participate in the skit had only one day of practice, but whoa! They knocked it out. I really didn't think it was going to happen. There is a lot in that skit... I felt that God said, "Joe, how soon you are to doubt... Watch me.. I can do all things." Enough said. I got the picture. 

Then this evening while working at Apple I helped this woman, Anne, who was buying a Nano for her daughter's birthday. I commented on the necklace she was wearing. It was a silver tree with a gold dove flying in the tree. She said it had spiritual meaning. I said of course the holy spirit is hanging out the tree! She said, "It means God will Deliver". 

The concept of God Delivering is amazing because it is having confidence that he will create and build new prosperous things in your life. Also, the tree and image of a bird were in the "Everything skit"... plus God DELIVERED! He came through with an amazing performance by the students. I really felt like I learned a lot today... I'm going to do my best to speak life into every situation and believe God will Deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment