Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am...

Some call me king
some call me man
I am understanin' 
no matter what the case 
your sins I'm handlin' 
the fight i'm battlin'

and I can manage it
nothing is too damagin'
beyond reason to fix 
my heart beat always ticks
for you to receive my bliss 

I wish you could see this
how my love is beyond
the underwater abyss 
though it's dark and mixed
with good and bad 
the bad will be dissed
and we are left with... 
You

You are in me and I am in you
When you say who I am 
you really describe you
but yes I am truth
so I will set you free 
for everything you do is done through me

I am like and extension of self 
however when you act in my name 
I become your help 
I am attached to you 
you are a part of my heart 
I am proud of you 
because your work is hard

I am the commissioner 
the great listener 
the provider 
the fuel for your lighter 
I am your net to catch you when you fall
I work purely to protect you and all 
No matter where you go 
don't worry about a thing 
your future is safe 
when you choose to come with me

I am the leader 
even though I follow you 
I am still king 
even though I honor you
the lesson I sing 
is that you may be freed
to see me as I am 
with the word BELIEVE

Who do we say God is? Well we must get inside his head. Try to think like he would. His thoughts are far more advanced but He is our father, He probably thinks like a dad. Today, I tried to grasp the concept of God being my fuel. Often times I don't get enough sleep, or I push myself to serve God knowing he will provide for me. I count on him just like he counts on me. If he is always there to help... why can I always be there to support him?  

I've come to see God likes our imperfections. They are reminders that we are human like his son. But we are always looking at our imperfections as bad. If we embrace them... there is beauty in that. We are not bad. We should celebrate our goodness. Try to be the best you but don't get caught up in a mistake. Learn and move. The days are going by fast. We are growing up and there is no more time to waste.  Laziness can overtake us but we must be disciplined. Dedicated to our position as a disciple. We are commissioned by the great I AM. Who who do you say that God is? Always remember you are one of his kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment