Sunday, February 22, 2009

Speak Life

I speak life over death
in any situation 
I find myself blessed  
because I believe with my mind 
and it's hard sometimes
but when I realize 
I can execute the right 
my thoughts must be changed 
if I want to rearrange 
re-invent myself to achieve a better self
in order to maintain 
an image of growth
I must know and meditate on
the words God wrote
let them be the anthem of my soul
and this takes time 
I may grow old 
for what I think I am 
I will become  
for he who reads it 
also may run 
setting the standard 
with my very own mission 
I must be open to listen 
deny my wrong doings 
and reinvent God's vision
every second counts.

Speaking life over speaking death is essential in all the things we do. If we have a negative approach like "I'm never going to get promoted or I'm not smart so I can't get an A" we are speaking death and doubt into our situation. When we speak life we believe it is possible. We have an outlook of success and readiness. Today, at In His Presence Church, the pastor spoke about having the right mind frame. (I attend an hip hop praise service on Sundays called IHP underground where they rap, dance, and preach the good word. www.ihpunderground.com) You can speak it but you must believe it mentally. I do find myself not always speaking life into every situation. Joshua 1:8 says "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful". Meditating on the word means we become it. We say it over and over so it is a part of who we are. Our mind must be stimulated. If we say it but don't believe it with our heart... it becomes almost invalid and worthless. There must be energy in our mediation.  Proverbs 23:7 says, "For he thinks in his heart, so he is". If we don't remain true to our heart then what are we? Who will we become? I pray today that God my bless us into taking steps day by day to mediate on his word and speak life into every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment