Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Overcome Defeat

we are running out of time
and the fact that we are running 
has got to mean somethin'
every second counts 
every bounce is like pound 
we had 4.1 seconds to make it touch down 
in the bottom of the net 
can it be done? sure, I bet 
maybe but this isn't the NBA see...
but the way we played 
seems like we were in our own league
yes we had a huge lead 
but we are only human 
and at times lose intensity 
so I try to motivate the white sea
wave to rattle the cage and disrupt peace
and of course I prayed more than couple hail marys
but this time was scary, I knew we could do it...
I just didn't think it would happen
it seemed like slow motion 
as the ball started floatin 
the first shot missed 
but the second one didn't 
we did it!
A "W" we couldn't undo 
then the cage became loose 
and made a lot of sound too
we won at home
and know I know
victory is sweet when you overcome defeat!

Today I witnessed an amazing boys varsity basketball game at Chaminade. There were 4.1 seconds left and we were down by one. We inbounded the ball... lobbed it down the court... caught it... shot it... didn't go in... got the rebound just in the nick of time, shot it, and won it. This poem is dedicated to the victory of the Chaminade Boys Varsity Bball team. I was praying between every play... needless to say God gave us strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment