Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Make Your Own

Let's stay original 
everything you do 
shouldn't be done 
just to imitate 
just to replay

Yes, we have examples 
role models to follow 
it's all good, but it's best if you swallow 
your pride and dive 
deep into a search 
of creating your own belief.. it's work

Make it your own 
never stop goin'
until your content
with the place you call home 

where you reside 
down inside 
connect with your soul
a spiritual vibe 

When you create your own brand 
you stand for something 
you won't fall for anything 
instead have some substance
value which is rooted out of confusion
truth is something beautiful when uprooted 

Define yourself 
The lord is your help
always there to provide inspiration
to develop dedication 
to understand his plan for your salvation 

Become your faith 
and it will become you 
own it and wear it all the time like 
a scar or tatoo
raw in meaning 
don't stop believing 
but if you must 
trust that God is never leaving 
you are not alone

In my process of discovery I have found we don't have a boring God. Our God is so creative in nature. The way he functions and thinks is definitely special and different. He thrives working with a diverse production plant... cranking out no two human that are exactly alike. We have similarities but our character, perspective, and even body type is different. If God has this "think different/ be constantly creative" mentality, why don't we? 
As a Catholic I find myself getting in a routine of mass, certain types of prayer, traditional responses and such. I value these element of my faith, but I need to own my faith if I want the root of believe to be planted. And if I want my belief to grow I must nourish it through what I feed it and provide for it. A lot of what you take in around you will affect what you let out. When taking in God we must let out a new God through us. We can't just let it be the same all the time... because God is different to all people. His personal relationship has allowed this to be possible. 
When we do this and create our own brand we start to design our faith life. Before you know it we will be living in it and know everything about it because it was an experience of self.  You created it... you know what it takes... you know everything about your experience. It is a part of you. I believe God wants our faith to be more than a sunday mass and a night time prayer he wants to be an integral part of our lives. He wants us to recreate him for the world to see. What that brings is peace and fulfillment. I just spoke to a young woman today who had mentioned she was raised Catholic, but hadn't been to church in a while. She went a couple weeks ago and things have just been going great in her life since. She said it sounded "cliche", but I believe God does that. When you go to him it means more than if you attend a service. Your intention to come closer empowers God to work within you. It's a beautiful thing. By no means am I discounting Church, but don't let it define your faith. Let it assist in enhancing your perspective and growth into God. With that being said God never leaves you, but let's you roam His earth. If you ever need him, call him. He will be present in your desire to believe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment